So it's Friday night. I have no plans. What better time to whip up a fresh face mask than now. I think I'll call this one the 'does it all' face mask because there's not much that this mask won't help with. Hydrating, exfoliating as well as helping to fight acne, I'm so excited to have a pamper evening tonight now *insert flamingo dancing emoji here*
- Half an Avocado - Avocados are jam packed with nutrients which are great for hydrating your skin as well as helping to reduce dark spots.
- Half a Banana - Bananas are good for moisturising the skin and are also known as 'nature's botox' for their natural anti-aging properties.
- Handful of Oats - There are so many advantages to using oats! They are a great, gentle exfoliator so they make the treatment a two-in-one mask and scrub. They're also a great solution for oily skin without being too hard to use on dry skin as well.
- Coconut Oil (1 tbsp) - Coconut oil is useful for smoothing, softening and lubricating your skin cells and it helps to break down the dead ones. On top of this, it also helps to heal acne and hydrate the skin.
- Honey (1 tsp) - Honey is great for acne prone skin due to its antibacterial properties. It is also another great one for adding moisture and clearing out the pores
- Put the coconut oil in a bowl and melt it in the microwave for about 1 minute
- In a separate bowl mash the avocado and banana, I like to leave mine a little lumpy to create a chunky texture
- Combine the coconut oil and avocado/banana mix. Then stir in the honey and oats to thicken it up.
- Store your mask in a fridge and use within 5 days