It has been far to long since my last baking post and last weekend I felt that was something which needed to change! Enter this vanilla biscuit recipe which I have been trying to perfect for such a long time, and I finaly think I'm there! Trust me you'll love them...
350g Plain Flour
100g Self Raising Flour
125g Granulated Sugar
125g Salted Butter
125g Golden Syrup
1 Large Egg
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Sift the two flours together and add the sugar. Give it a good mix! Now add our butter in small chunks and use the tips of your fingers to rub them together until you get breadcrumbs
- Beat your egg in a mug and add the vanilla extract. Now add this egg mixture to the flour along with the magic ingredient - golden syrup! Mix well until a dough has formed.
- Place your dough onto a clean work surface and split it into two even balls. Place one ball of dough on a piece of baking parchment and press it down to form a disc, now sandwich it with another piece of parchment.
- Roll your dough out until it is about 5mm thick. Repeat step three with the other ball of dough and then place both rolled doughs into the fridge to settle for about 20 minutes. Now go get yourself a cuppa whilst you wait!
- When the dough is ready, take your choosen cutter and start creating the shapes. Place them on a lined baking sheet ready to go in the oven.
- Now it depends on what size cutter you've used as to how long you should cook the biscuits for. I baked my medium sized stars in an oven at 180 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Just keep an eye on them!
- Leave to cool on a wire cooling rack before sprinkling with some icing sugar
Don't forget to let me know if you make these biscuits by uploading a picture with #ClairMakes