When I was at the Handmade Fair a few weeks ago (more to come on this soon!), there was a lovely stall called Frandie Macaron which sold, yes you guessed it...macarons! I was instantly attracted to it of course but the thing that intrigued me most was the sauces they sold called Gloop! There were 4 flavours to choose from but, of course, I had to go for the salted caramel version which is what brings us to this recipe! I've wanted to make salted caramel brownies for a while, ever since a friend of mine called Charlotte brought some A-Mazing ones into work one day and I finally got to try them out!
200g Unsalted Butter
100g Dark Chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
100g Milk Chocolate
1 Jar of Salted Caramel Gloop
200g Golden Caster Sugar
4 Medium Eggs
130g Plain Flour
50g Cocoa Powder
1) Pre-heat the over to 180 degrees and grease a square tin with baking parchment
2) Dice the butter and melt it in a medium pan. Break both bars of chocolate into pieces and add them to the butter and stir them whilst they melt.
3) In a separate bowl, add about 1/4 of the salted caramel sauce, sugar and eggs and beat them together with an electric whisk. Once combined, whisk in the chocolate mixture.
4) In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and a pinch of table salt and sift this into the chocolate mix. Fold this in until well combined.
5) Pour half of the brownie batter into your tin and use a spoon or spatula to make it level. Then the best part, add the rest of your Gloop! I like to add mine in random dollops so you never know if you're going to get a bit or not but you could also do it in a more equal way if you like. Pour the rest of your brownie batter on top and spread it out again whilst trying not to disturb the caramel beneath.
6) Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until risen with a firm crust on top. Let it cool completely in the tin and then cut into squares