In case you haven't realised, making jewellery is probably one of my favourite crafts. I could sit and stare at pretty beads for hours, just playing with them until I find the right combination for the perfect bracelet or necklace. So when the guys from Bead House contacted me asking if I would like some items to make a piece of jewellery with, I said yes straight away.
I've never heard of the company before but after looking at their website, I was very impressed with the variety that was available (especially these beautiful kits) and was even more impressed when the materials were delivered in the cutest packaging that looked like a jewellery box. I came up with a simple wire gemstone ring which only needs two items to complete, and it's easy peasy!
1 x Iolite Bead Strand*
20cm of 0.6mm Wire*
1) Start by finding the bead you want to be featured on your ring. Place each one on the finger you want your ring to fit to see which one will look the best.
2) Once you've chosen your bead, place it on your wire and cut it so you have about 20cm (you won't need all of this but it's better to be safe than sorry)
3) Place the wire and bead on top of your finger and push the wire down the sides of your fingers. Wrap the wire around your finger until it comes back around to the top (if you have a ring sizing tool like this you can use this too).
4) Using your pliers, start wrapping the excess wire around the ring until it reaches the gem. Trim any excess wire you may have
5) Now use your pliers and press down on the end of the wire so there are no loose edges.