Hello lovelies! I hope you've all had a nice weekend enjoying the sun! I've been busy jewellery making this weekend and I wanted to share my latest project with you. I spotted a necklace similar to this in Sainsburys earlier on the week and I thought it would be so simple to make and I had most of the supplies in my kit already, don't you love it when that happens!
1m coloured rope
200 x Jump rings
4 x end caps
Chain nosed pliers
Round nosed pliers
1) Take your piece of rope and measure around your neck how long you want the shortest piece to be and cut it to size. Mine was 30cm. Now add 5cm to your measurement and cut your longer piece.
2) Take a thin piece of sellotape and wrap it around the end of your rope. Do this for the remaining 3 ends, making sure that the tape is only long enough so your end cap can cover it.
3) Now load each of your pieces of rope with as many jump rings as you can put on!
4) Once you've finished with your jump rings, glue the end of one of your pieces of rope and place it into your end cap. Do this for the remaining 3 ends and leave to dry for 5-10 minutes.
5) Use a jump ring on either side of the necklace to connect the longer and short piece of rope. Your necklace should start to be taking shape.
6) Now measure how long you need your chain to be around the back of your neck. Mine was 30cm. Cut the length of chain you need and then cut it in half again.
7) Add a jump ring to one piece of chain and your clasp to the other piece of chain. Now reopen the jump rings that are connecting your pieces of rope and place one piece of chain on one jump ring and another piece of chain on the other jump ring.