When it comes to skincare I'm pretty slack (you'll know just how slack if you've read my beauty crimes post, don't judge me!). But recently I've been trying to make a real effort and wanted to use a face mask to hydrate my dry skin. Therefore, I decided I wanted to try to recreate one of Lush's most loved fresh face mask 'Oatifix' and I'm pretty chuffed with the result!
The mask leaves your skin feeling fresh, super soft and best of all hydrated! It does pretty much the same job as it's Lush counterpart - the only difference is that my version is runnier (but that can always be fixed with a few more oats!)
To use the face mask simply apply a figure coating of the mask all over your face. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then use warm water to wash it off. For additional exfoliation don't forget to continue to work it into your skin whilst rubbing it off. This is a really simple mask to make and the recipe below makes a batch big enough for 2-3 applications so use it up quickly!
- Oats (3tbsp)- There are so many advantages to using oats! They are a great, gentle exfoliator so they make the treatment a two-in-one mask and scrub. They're also a great solution for oily skin without being to hard to use on dry skin as well.
- Vanilla Extract (1tbsp) - Vanilla has antioxidant properties and also helps to improve skin tone. It also smells yummy!
- Half a Banana - Bananas are good for moisturising the skin and are also known as 'natures botox' for their natural anti-aging properties.
- Glycerin (1tsp) - Glycerin aids in restoring water levels in the skin and therefore works to prevent dry skin
- Ground Almonds (2tsp) - Ground almonds are also great for exfoliating the skin to make it soft and smooth.
- Honey (1tsp) - Honey is great for acne prone skin due to it's antibacterial properties. It is also another great one for adding moisture and clearing out the pores
- Blend the oats until they are in a powder form
- Chop your banana and then mash it in a separate bowl
- Put all of your ingredients into one bowl and stir together.
- Store your mask in a fridge and use within 7 days