I have seen so many pictures of black lace up flats like these on Instagram over the past couple of weeks so I dug out a pair of old black ballet pumps that I rarely wear and decided it was time for a DIY! I'm really happy with the result although I would say if I was to do it again I would make sure my D rings were the same width as the elastic used as I've found that they can twist a bit, but it's not a major problem. Have fun!
- 1 x Pair of ballet pumps
- 12 x D Rings
- E600 Glue
- 2m Leather cord
- 36cm Elastic
1) Cut your elastic into 12 x 3cm pieces
2) Place on of your elastic pieces through a D ring and then glue down. Do this for the remaining 11 pieces and leave them to dry. You may need to put something on top of them to make sure they stick together.
3) Now put a bit more glue on one side and then stick them into your shoes, starting from the back. Let them dry for a couple of hours.
4) My pumps didn't have an edge on on side of the shoe so this is how mine looked - but yours could be a totally different layout to allow for a different lace up pattern.
5) Cut your leather cord in half and lace up each shoe with each piece.