Summers a'coming and whats a better way to start preparing your wardrobe than by making a few pairs of these easy peasy shorts. Perfect with everything from t-shirts to silk shirts and of course killer heels, these shorts are sure to get you through to the end of the season. Lets begin!
- Pair of old shorts
- 2m of your chosen fabric
- 2m of matching lace
- Enough elastic to fit around your waist
- Sewing machine (or a needle and thread if you're brave)
1) Fold your material in half and then fold your old pair of shorts in half (back to back). Place the long side of the shorts along the fold of the fabric.
2) Use your pins to mark an extra 1cm around the edge of your shorts. Remove your shorts from the fabric and cut along your marked line.
3) Follow these two steps again so you have tow matching pieces
4) Unfold your two cut out pieces and place them on top of one another, if you have patterned fabric make sure they are right sides together.
5) Pin the two rounded seams together and sew together using your machine (or back stitch if sticking by hand)
6) Your fabric should now resemble a tube of fabric. Match your two seams together like the picture below.
7) Now you need to pin your crotch together and sew one continuous line using a zig zag stitch
8) To create a waistband, fold over 2 inches of the top of the shorts and sew down. Leave a small hole at the front.
9) Now add the elastic - I taped the elastic to a knitting needle and threading it from the whole until it came out the other end. Once it is through, sew the elastic together and then sew the hole shut.
10) Pin your lace around each leg of your shorts and sew down.
11) Fold your shorts the right way in and your done!