Welcome to my last Valentines Day themed post, I've been so excited to post about this ever since I made them! These tempting truffles are easy and quick to create and make the perfect Valentines Day gift for that special someone.
180ml Double Cream
250g Dark Chocolate
50g White Chocolate
1) Chop 200g of the dark chocolate and put to one side
2) Heat the cream and the butter on a medium heat until its melted.
3) Pour the mixture on top of the chopped chocolate and stir until smooth
4) Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and pour the chocolate in the tray. Leave this to cool for about half an hour.
5) Once the chocolate has firmed up, scoop a teaspoon of the chocolate to make balls approximately 1 inch in diameter. You should be able to make about 16 of these balls. Allow to harden completely on a lined plate
6) I've decorated these truffles in two ways. Firstly I covered half of the batch in cocoa powder which is nice and easy. Pour some cocoa powder in a bowl and just roll the ball in the powder, tap off the excess so they're not too strong.
7) The other way of decorating them has a few more steps but are so worth it! Temper the dark chocolate and use a fork to dip the balls into the chocolate. Use a knife to spread the chocolate so it completely covers the balls. Leave the balls to dry for about 30 minutes. Now temper the white chocolate. You can either place the melted chocolate in a bag or you can do it the messy way and just drizzle over the truffles with a spoon. Leave to dry for 10 minutes.