I think I am well over due a DIY project post! I can't believe my last one was last November! I spotted this t-shirt on the Liberty website a while ago now and wanted to try and recreate it, and I'm actually quite happy with the results! This wasn't one of my most tidiest projects (I'm sure you will do a much better job of stitching the pocket on than I did...) but it was certainly one of my quickest! At only 20 minutes max you can transform any plain or basic t-shirt and give it a pop of colour!
- A T-shirt
- Contrasting material with a pretty pattern
- Needle and thread
1) Cut your material 2cm longer and wider than the size of the pocket you want. For example I wanted a pocket that was about 8cm x 8cm so I cut my fabric 10cm x 10cm.
2) Fold over 1cm on each side of the pocket. Pin it down and then give the pocket a good iron
3) Put your t-shirt on now and have a look in the mirror to see where you want your pocket to be positioned. Once you've got a place for it pin it down. Be careful not to poke your self with the pins (I'm speaking from experience here...it hurts!)
4) Take your t-shirt off and now slip stitch the pocket onto your t-shirt. Make sure to anchor your stitches with a double knot at the beginning and end.