If there's one thing I struggle with since having my hair cut shorter, it's what to do with my hair the day after it's been washed. Sure my hair plays ball on the first day, but my hair does not like that second day, which normally results in my wearing my hair in a pony tail 9 times out of 10. So to try and break this habit, I've come up with 3 different things I can do with my hair which are pretty and simple. Hopefully this will inspire you too!
The Wrap Around
This is probably my favourite style! It's effective, simple and just darn pretty, I use this when my hair is not playing up too much. I was once called a hippy whilst wearing this style, I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing but I'll take it.
1) Place an elastic headband around the crown of your head. I like to use something decorative for this like the pearl hand band in the pictures below (similar here)
2) Starting from one side and working your way across, grab 1 inch pieces of hair, twist them and then tuck them into the headband.
3) Keep tucking until there are no pieces of hair sticking out, and secure any stray hairs with some hair grips.
4) Pull out some bits of hair at the front to frame your face and your done!
The French Braid Fringe
The french braid plait was a go to style of mine when I had longer hair, but now it's short and has layers, I struggle to wear it. Cue the french braid fringe! I like to use this style on days where my just won't fall right.
1) Take a section of hair from your parting and begin french braiding down the side of your head, pulling in big sections from the crown of your head.
2) When you get to the back of your head, pull all of your hair into a low bun and secure with some grips or a hair band.
3) Pull at your french braid slightly so it doesn't look so tight and to give it a more lived in feel.
4) For a bit more decoration, I like to put some pretty hair accessories into the bun, like these River Island spiral pearls! (Similar here)
The Ballerina Bun
The ballerina bun is something I use when I'm truly having a bad hair day. It's similar to my normal ponytail, but the bun just makes you look like you've put a bit more effort into you hair that morning (the reality is you haven't!). To complete this look you will need a hair donut in a similar colour to your hair...
1) Pull you hair into a high ponytail. For truly awful hair days I pull my fringe back as well.
2) Grab your ponytail, and place the donut at the end. Try to tuck the ends underneath your donut
3) Now begin rolling it down toward the base of your ponytail. Your hair will be sucked into the donut as you roll down creating that donut shape.
4) To make it look that little bit different, you could always add something like this ASOS Lace Flower Hair Comb?