I've been looking for a plain black clutch for forever and whilst my budget can't quite stretch to one of those Whistles clutches, I thought it was time for another DIY...
You will need...
9" x 12" Black Leather Fabric
9" x 12" Coordinating Lining Fabric
9" Black Zip
- Place your lining and leather right sides together and then sandwich your zipper in between them with the top of the zip facing the leather (I made this mistake as you can see by the photos and had to do a whole lot of unpicking!). Now sew along the top side of the zipper
- Repeat this process for the other side and then your zip is secured! Cut off any excess seams with scissors (zig zag scissors would be great if you have them)
- Now unzip your zipper and then pin the right sides of the leather together and then the right sides of the lining together.
- Sew all around the pieces but leave a small hole at the bottom of the lining fabric. Cut off your corners and trim off any excess fabric around the seams.
- You're nearly there! Use the whole you left earlier to turn everything right side out and sew the whole in the lining closed.
- Push the lining inside of the clutch, fill it with all your essentials, fold over and your ready to go!