What you'll need
- A base and top coat (I'm using Barry M's all in one)
- A foundation colour (I'm using China Glaze's 'Jamaican Out')
- A glitter nail polish (I'm using OPI's 'Up Front and Personal')
- Cotton Buds
How to get the look
- 1. Start off by applying a base coat to protect your nails and give an even surface.
2. Apply one or two coats of your foundation colour depending on how thick you want the colour to be. I use one coat in the picture below. Wait about 5 minutes for it to dry
3. Paint the edge of your sponge with the colour you have chosen to blend in.
4. Gently sponge the colour onto your nails approximately three quarters of the way down and allow to dry. Repeat step 3 and apply half way down the nail to give a more opaque colour on the top half of your nail.
5. To get rid of any excess nail polish on your skin, use a cotton bud dipped in nail varnish remover and gently remove the nail polish.
6. Apply a top coat to seal in the design.
- If all the nail polish does not come off of your skin, don't worry! Wait for your nails to dry and take a shower. This always works for me!